- PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Vaultavo is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information in the following ways:
- We will only collect and use your information where We have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in Our dealings with you and will tell you about how We will collect and use your information.
- If We have collected your information for a particular purpose, We will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than We need for the purposes for which We are collecting it.
- We will update Our records when you inform Us that your details have changed.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of Our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information, and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train Our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure We have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held.
- We will ensure that when We outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these privacy principles.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
- CONTACT US
- If you have any questions about privacy at Vaultavo please contact us at: [email protected]
- If you believe that we have not adequately resolved any privacy issues, you have the right to contact your local supervisory authority.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- Right to be Informed
- Right of Access to Your Personal Data
You have the right to access information held about you. In order to exercise this right, you must complete a subject access request that should be submitted to [email protected] . Once received, Vaultavo will respond within 28 days confirming whether or not We are processing your personal data and will give you access to that data in electronic format. No fee will apply for such requests.
- Right to Rectification of Your Personal Data
Vaultavo will endeavour to ensure that all personal information is complete and accurate at all times. If, however, you determine that the personal information We hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of that personal information.
- Right to Have Your Personal Data Erased
You have the right to be forgotten and can request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask Us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for Us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing of your personal data.
- Right to Restrict Processing of Your Personal Data
You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask Us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want Us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Right to Portability of Your Personal Data
You have the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable. This allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- Right to Object
You have the right to object to processing of your personal information where there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing. You also have the right to object where We are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You can at any time tell Us not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mails you may receive from Us.
- Right to Make a Complaint
If We fall short of your expectations in processing your personal information or you wish to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please tell Us because it gives Us an opportunity to fix the problem. You may contact Us by submitted your complaint to [email protected] . To assist Us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue you wish Us to address. If you believe that We have not adequately resolved any such issues, you have the right to contact your local supervisory authority.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
As used herein, “Personal Information” means information that identifies or is reasonably capable of identifying an individual, directly or indirectly, and information that is being associated with an identified or reasonably identifiable individual.
- Personal Information We collect from you
We may collect any of the following categories of Personal Information directly from you:
- Identification information, such as name, email, phone number, postal address, government identification numbers (which may include social security number or equivalent, driver’s license number, passport number etc.).
- Commercial information, such as trading activity, order activity, deposits, withdrawals, account balances.
- Financial information, such as bank account information, routing number.
- Correspondence, such as information that you provide to us in correspondence, including account opening and customer support.
- Sensory information, such as images collected for identity verification, audio recordings left on voicemail.
- Employment information, such as job title, source of wealth.
- Institutional information, such as for institutional customers, We may collect additional information, including: institution’s legal name, Employer Identification Number (“EIN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government, and proof of legal existence (which may include articles of incorporation, certificate of formation, business license, trust instrument, or other comparable legal document).
- Personal Information we collect automatically
We may collect any of the following categories of Personal Information automatically through your use of our services:
- Online identifiers, such as IP address and domain name.
- Device information, such as hardware, operating system, and browser.
- Usage data, such as system activity, internal and external information related to Vaultavo pages that you visit, and clickstream information.
- Geolocation Data.
- Personal Information we collect from third parties
We may collect and/or verify any of the following categories of Personal Information about you from third parties:
- Identification information, such as name, email, phone number, postal address, government identification numbers (which may include social security number or equivalent, driver’s license number, passport number).
- Financial information, such as bank account information, routing number.
- Transaction information, such as public blockchain data (bitcoin, ether, and other digital assets are not truly anonymous). We, and any others who can match your public digital asset address to other Personal Information about you, may be able to identify you from a blockchain transaction because, in some circumstances, Personal Information published on a blockchain (such as your digital asset address and IP address) can be correlated with Personal Information that we and others may have. Furthermore, by using data analysis techniques on a given blockchain, it may be possible to identify other Personal Information about you.
- Additional information, at the discretion of our compliance team to comply with legal obligations, which may include criminal records or alleged criminal activity.
Personal Information you provide during the registration process with Us may be retained, even if your registration is left incomplete or abandoned.
- Accuracy and retention of Personal Information
We take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Information held by Us is:
- accurate with regard to the purposes for which it is to be used, and
- not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it is to be used.
- THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Where the provision of personal data is a statutory requirement for purposes of Vaultavo meeting its obligations under applicable anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulations; or other applicable regulations; or is a requirement necessary for Vaultavo to fulfil its contractual obligations, the possible consequences of failure to provide such data include Us terminating Our relationship with you.
- Processing personal data by Vaultavo for the purposes of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing is considered to be necessary for the exercise of:
- a function of a public nature in the public interest; and
- a function conferred by or under an enactment (i.e. the relevant national money laundering regulations).
- Vaultavo will make no other use of the above referred personal data unless:
- use of said data is permitted by or under an enactment other than the applicable national money laundering and terrorist financing regulations (for example relevant national payment services regulations); or
- Vaultavo has obtained your express consent to the proposed use of said data.
- Vaultavo does not process Personal Information in a manner that constitutes the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling.
- We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes or in the following ways:
- To Improve and Maintain Vaultavo’s Services
We use the information collected to improve and maintain respective services provided by Vaultavo. We use the IP address and unique identifiers stored in your device’s cookies to help us authenticate your identity and activities in relation to any product offerings and/or related services that may be provided by Vaultavo.
Given our legal obligations and system requirements, We may not be able to provide you with all or some of the products and/or related services that Vaultavo may offer without data like identification information, supervision information, service usage information, communication information, and transaction information.
- To Protect Our Users
We use the information collected to protect Our platforms, users’ accounts, and archives. We use IP addresses and cookies to protect against automated abuse such as spam, phishing, and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- To Comply with Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- For Measurement, Research and Development Purposes
We actively measure and analyse data to understand the way you use and interact in relation to products and related services that Vaultavo may provide. This review activity is conducted by Our operation teams to continually improve our platforms’ performance and to resolve issues with the user experience. In addition, We use such information to customize, measure, and improve Our product offering, related services and the content and layout of our Website and apps, and to develop new products and related services. We continuously monitor activity information within our systems and our communications with users to look for and quickly fix problems.
- To Communicate with You
We use Personal Information collected, like your phone number or email address to interact with you directly when providing customer support or to keep you informed on logins, transactions, account security and other aspects. Without collecting and processing your Personal Information for confirming each communication, we will not be able to respond to your submitted requests, questions, and inquiries. All direct communications are properly kept at Vaultavo or the service provider designated by Vaultavo, to be reviewed for accuracy, to be kept as evidence, or to be used to perform other statutory or contractual obligations.
- For Marketing and Advertising
We may share your Personal Information with our marketing partners for the purposes of targeting, modelling, and/or analytics as well as marketing and advertising.
- For Any Other Purpose
We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose you consent to. We may also use Personal Information in other lawful ways for which We will provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
- We will not sell Personal Information We collect about you.
- We may share Personal Information with third party providers of due diligence and screening services in order to verify customer identity and manage exposures to money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
- We share Personal Information with third party providers of transaction processing services and transaction monitoring services in order to process payment transactions and guard against exposures to fraud and money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
- Where We share information with Our service providers, who perform services on Our behalf, We authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on Our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers under contract to safeguard the privacy and security of Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- We may share Personal Information We collect with our affiliates when applicable.
- We may disclose information about you:
- if We are required to do so by law or legal process;
- when We believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or financial loss; or
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We will comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations regarding any international transfers performed by Us.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Vaultavo stores Personal Information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if required by law or if the Personal Information is no longer required for the purpose for which We collected it.
- We will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a customer of Vaultavo. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 5 years for any one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints.
- To show that we treated you fairly.
- To maintain records according to regulations that apply to us.
We may keep your data for longer than 5 years if We cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
- HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The security of your Personal Information is important to Vaultavo. We are committed to protecting the information We collect.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
- It is important for you to take cognisance of the following:
- What is a Cookie?
A cookie and similar technologies such as local storage, web beacons, and pixel tags (hereinafter referred to as “Cookie”) is a text file that is stored on your computer or other mobile devices for the purpose of gathering information about your use of the Site. Cookies are used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit the Site, We can automatically collect information from you through Cookies. For more information about Cookies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org or other similar informative websites available on the Internet.
- What about Personal Information?
Cookies do not collect or store your Personal Information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
- What are analytic Cookies?
Analytic Cookies are also used on the Site to gather statistics about the use of the Site to improve the performance and design of our related services. For these purposes, we use analytic Cookies to collect information like the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from, etc.
- What types of Cookies do We use?
We use different types of cookies, including but not limited to:
- Functional Cookies. We use such Cookies to help Us identify you and remember your previous preferences and settings, which may include your device, your operating system, your preferred language, your location, and other session data. We use a mix of first-party and third-party cookies.
- Marketing Cookies. We use these Cookies to collect information about your visit to the Site, the content you view, the links you follow, and other information about your browsers, devices, your IP addresses and referral URLs. We sometimes share certain parts of the collected information with third parties for marketing purposes. We may also share online data collected through Cookies with our marketing partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may also be shown advertisements based on your browsing patterns on the Site.
- How can you manage Cookies?
It is important to note that most web browsers accept Cookies automatically. You can change setting of your browser to not save any or certain Cookies on your device or to always display a warning before receiving a new Cookie. If Cookies are disabled, however, you may experience reduced functionality on the Site.
- Third party websites